The Executive Committee is excited to announce the selection of Jordan Crowell as Midwest Amateur Hockey Association Referee in Chief. Central District RIC Sjoukje Brown has approved our selection. Jordan brings a wealth of experience, and we are excited about his new role with the Affiliate. He has accepted this assignment at a time we face many challenges, specifically in recruiting, training and retaining Officials. His first challenges will be to help identify candidates to replace him as State Supervisor (Kansas) and help me bring Ref Ranger and the Seminar Program up to date.
Jordan’s Hockey Experience includes:
- MWHSHL (formerly Iowa HS League) Player.
- USAH Registered Player since 1988.
- USAH Registered Coach since 2010.
- USAH Registered Official since 1995.
- USAH Program of Merit attendee.
- USAH Leagues worked: Amateur U8 – U18, WSHL, MNJHL, NAHL & USHL
- 2006 USAH Junior B National Championship Game assignment.
- Officiated 500+ professional ice hockey games (SPHL, UHL, CHL, ECHL, AHL, and NHL).
- Two-time CHL All-Star Game official.
- Twelve consecutive years of professional playoff assignments.
- Three-time consecutive CHL Finals official.
- Eleven NHL pre-season assignments.
- Two-time NHL Prospect Tournament official.
- Former President of the Kansas City Officials Association (KCOA) for six consecutive years; Board Member since 2007. Advised and oversaw every aspect of the roles within the association (i.e. accounting, webmaster, seminars, registrations, recruiting, etc.).
- Former Scheduler for the KCOA for approximately ten years.
- Current Officiating Supervisor/Coach for the ECHL.
Please join us in congratulating Jordan on his new assignment.
Jordan can be reached at email@example.com