State Supervisor (Kansas)
Phone: 816 282 4519`
State Supervisor (Nebraska)
Phone: 402 677 7763
State Supervisor (Iowa)
Phone: (C) 319-325-7560
Associate Referee in Chief
To become a USA Hockey Official in the Midwest Affiliate you must:
1. Be 14 years old BEFORE 12/31/2017. This is a MWAHA requirement.
2. Register with the Midwest Amateur Hockey Association, Inc. (MWAHA)
3. Complete the MWAHA Background Screening process if 18 years of age as of July 31, 2017. The screening process must be completed every 2 years by USA Hockey requirement.
4. Attend an entire USA Hockey sanctioned Officiating Seminar (administered by MWAHA).
THE SEMINAR LEVEL YOU ATTEND MUST BE FOR THE SAME REGISTRATION LEVEL FOR WHICH YOU APPLIED. MWAHA rules requires attendance at a MWAHA sponsored seminar. If you are subject to the MWAHA Background Screening process your seminar attendance confirmation will not be submitted to USA Hockey until your Background Screening process is complete.
5. Register with USA Hockey (fee varies with Level).
6. Complete the USA Hockey Open Book Rules Exam either online and achieve a passing score.
7. Affix the USA Hockey Officiating Crest to the left breast of your officiating sweater.
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Consent to Screen New Paperless Screening Method
THIS IS REQUIRED YEARLY
All MWAHA coaches, team managers, referees, locker room monitors, board members & billet (housing) families are required to fill out an online Consent to Screen form. It should only take about 5 minutes.
Select your association (this is very important). One the next page your association will appear with association name - background check. Select this option then on the next page select apply for position.
Coaches, Team Managers, Volunteers, Locker Room Monitors, Board Members, Billet Families, use this link:
CLICK HERE to fill out the form.
Referees only use the link below:
For linking to the Midwest AHA website the links below. This link works for all officials in the affiliate.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO HOCKEY PLAYERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE OR DAMAGE THE HECC AND CSA LABELS ON YOUR EQUIPMENT
HECC CANNOT REPLACE THESE LABELS
Some players, family members and teams are apparently removing or damaging their HECC and CSA labels on Helmets, facemasks and visors. THIS VOIDS THE CERTIFICATION and the player may be prevented from playing by officials.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL HECC OR THE MANUFACTURER TO “REPLACE THE LABEL!” NEITHER HECC NOR THE MANUFACTURER CAN REPLACE THE LABEL.
Central District Level 4 Seminar Policy
Win $2,000 cash and a night with the Sunday Night Football Fan Bus for your community. Comin' Home SweepsENTER NOW